But you miss a bill due, lose your job, catch a common cold that lasts more than the obligatory 2.5 days, then you are ALONE on that slippery slope. A slippery slope best navigated with skis. Your skis.
The Seven Rules of Navigation:
- Stay determined to remain on your feet
- Grab hold of something but don't plan to make that hold a fixture in your life
- Dress for the environment, you might be on that slope for awhile
- Don't take the temperature every five minutes, you might be on that slope
- Don't look around you, look straight ahead. The elements around you are there to distract and annoy you
- Don't stop to explain, your actions will speak louder than words
- Don't fall apart. How you look going down the slope determines how you are perceived when you reach its bottom!